Tuesday, May 27, 2014

LIVE from Lincoln Square!

Now, for something completely different...

Okay, it's not Saturday Night Live and it's not Monty Python. It's not even comedy, although I'll be disappointed if no one gets a laugh.

It will be live and it will be Saturday night and you certainly will be entertained in a different way. It will be more exploration than hilarity.

The topic will be Inspiration. I did not select the topic, Jamie did. And she asked me to present about it. I have to admit that I was more surprised about the topic than the request to present. Those of you who know me would not be surprised to see it announced that I was going to expound on any topic under the sun, and you certainly wouldn't be surprised or hear that I would think myself capable. Here's the surprise.

Inspiration is one of those topics that I see as emotional rather than intellectual. Motivation is another one, and I've had a disparaging attitude about motivators since I had my first selling job way back in the seventies. I was able to get hyped up, but I wasn't able to control when and for how long. I was like getting high and then wanting to stay high. It can't be done. So we won't be focusing on getting inspired on Saturday, we'll be learning about what we already know about the subject and the tools already at our disposal to find that "hit" when we need it.

Jamie asked me to do this some time ago and I've been working with it ever since. It's going to work and it's going to be fun. And I can't wait to see what I'm going to learn from you.

Roots Salon Master Speaker Series Presents

COME AND BE INSPIRED! AN EVENING WITH BILL FLYNN
Saturday, May 31 at 8:00 PM at Jamie O'Reilly's Roots Salon,
(private address in Lincoln Square, Chicago)


I am so excited to host Bill as a guest speaker at Roots. A lifetime supporter of the arts and keenly alert to their impact on the community, Bill will talk to us and with us about INSPIRATION and its place in our lives as professional creatives. He's the guy to hear for pep talks and new perspectives on being your best and vibrant creative self, facing your fears, and having fun. "SHOW UP FOR ROOTS! That's what Bill does, and when he's here, he's all there!

 
Admission: $25 donation. We serve dessert. You BYOB. Seating is limited. Street parking.(private address in Lincoln Square). ph 773-203-7661; Email: roots@jamieoreilly.com. Purchase tickets online.
Read Bill's Blog here.

Sat May 31 at 8:00

No comments: